Head Athletic Trainer, Brian Parker, MA, LAT, ATC:
Huntsville ISD Athletics recommends all student-athletes receive an annual sports physical. We prefer May to May physicals because they ensure your student-athlete has the latest physical on file. However, UIL has changed guidelines for the 2020-2021 season.
Change in 2020-2021 due to the current circumstance that surrounds the COVID 19 pandemic and the UIL Guidelines for 2020 sports:
- HISD Athletics will accept a physical completed within the last year or
- A physical that HISD Athletic Trainers already have on file
- Every Huntsville ISD Athlete must fill out the NEW MEDICAL HISTORY FORM which includes cardiac testing
- All incoming 7th graders are REQUIRED to turn in a physical signed by the appropriate medical professional, and the
TexPress Urgent Care is offering Huntsville ISD student-athletes a free 2020 sports physical. This is a very generous offer for our community. You may find all the information pertaining to the free physicals by following the information listed below. As always, your primary care physician can also provide your student-athlete with a sports physical.
TEXPRESS URGENT CARE
- Office: 936-570-2626
- Hours of Operation: 10 am – 5:30 pm every day
What to bring to your appointment. Copy of the Physical Form.
Per Texpress, we encourage students/parents to leave blank any part of the form they might answer yes to. This assist the provider to discuss any positive and have them documented appropriately as well as keep the students/parent from having to redo the form. Anyone with a known condition that has previously had to be cleared by the cardiologist (for example) will need to bring their most recent specialist notes with them to the clinic.